Friday, August 27, 2010

Various films and Gulliver's Travels

I didn't realise that it has been so long since I updated. Must try to be more dilligent. Ok first God, Please Give Me More Time - End
It was good, I marathoned the end and Takeshi Kaneshiro is adorable.

Now on to the films (I will try to put everything beginning with the most recent but I may well forgot some):

Marley & Me (2008) Directed by David Frankel, written by Scott Frank and Don Roos, from a book written by John Grogan.
It is a tear jerker and I love those. Besides Owen Wilson is very likable.
Pretty Woman (1990) Directed by Gary Marshall, written by J.F Lawton
I pretty much memorised this one but it still as good as the first viewing.
The Hurt Locker (2008) Directed by Kathryn Bigelow, written by Mark Boal
I don't really like war films but this one somehow appealed to me. It look so real but also film like.
A Single Man (2009) Directed by Tom Ford, written by Tom Ford and David Scearce from a novel written by Christopher Isherwood.
I loved it but it is no wonder since Mr.Ford is heavily influenced by my all time favorite director Wong Kar Wai. And in a good way. It is similar to WKW but with the touches of Tom Ford making this film a worth inspiration. Colin Firth is an amazing actor and this performance is fantastic. This is my type of film.
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince (2009) Directed by David Yates, written by Steve Kloves from the novel written by J.K Rowling.
It is Harry Potter and I love it.
Sonbahar (lit. translation Autumn) (2008) Directed and written by Özcan Alper.
It is a moody film I think a bit influenced by Nuri Bilge Ceylan. I liked it (then again I like Nuri Bilge Ceylan) but didn't really fall for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment