Monday, August 9, 2010

Aata, Primal Fear, Becoming Jane, PuCCa Gunluk End, Scarpetta

Aata (2007) Directed by V.N Aditya, written by Gopalakrishna Paruchuri, Venkatesvara Rao Paruchuri, M.S Raju, Harish Shankar
I liked it mostly for the way it looked. It was entertaining but I'm not planning to return to it again soon.

Primal Fear (1996) Directed by Gregory Hoblit, written by Steve Shagan and Ann Biderman based on the novel of the same title by William Diehl.

I has been years since the first time I watched this and at that time I remember thinking that the book was much much better. This time I'm more forgiving, maybe due to the fact that I have a crush on Edward Norton (who was excellent in this role btw)

Becoming Jane (2007) Directed by Julian Jarrold, written by Kevin Hood and Sarah Williams (also includes excerpts from letter of Jane Austen)
Ok my all time favorite writer is Jane Austen and this is a slice of her life film focusing on romance. I cried cried and cried (this second viewing more than the first since I knew what was coming). I love James McAvoy and Anne Hathaway doesn't annoy me.

Finished PuCCa Gunluk and enjoyed it very much. A critic called her Turkish Brigitte Jones and I agree although Gunluk is less sugar coated and contains some really sad parts (about child abuse). Now I have started Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell - I know she (and the series) got old but I can't give up on her since everytime I thought I'm over her, I'm pulled in by yet another back cover plot summary!

No comments:

Post a Comment