Friday, June 4, 2010

Sense and Sensibility, Sarkar Raj, Stone Kiss, Catcher in The Rye - End

Sense and Sensibility (1995) Directed by Ang Lee, written by Emma Thompson adapted from the novel with the same title written by Jane Austen.
I like this film better with each viewing. Excellent.

Sarkar Raj (2008) Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, written by Sandeep Nath and Prashant Pandey
This is a second viewing and it was not as good as the first (unlike Sarkar which I have seen multiple times and enjoy very much each time)

I have finished Catcher in the Rye and enjoyed it but it is not my favorite novel or anything. Started reading Faye Kellerman's Stone Kiss. The only reason I like this novelist is that she has a good sense of religious belief. Not many novels are like that - but she is not really as successful (as her husband for instance) in the suspense parts. Also her lead male character has rust coloured hair peppered with gray and a rust coloured moustache. I get distracted everytime this is mentioned (but this is my fault not hers)

No comments:

Post a Comment