Monday, May 17, 2010

Haeundae, Joe Versus The Volcano

Haeundae (2009) Directed and written by Yun Jae Gyun.
It is a disaster film and the special effects were good. Koreans have a knack for melodrama (at least as far as I'm concerned) I planned on being entertained by the over melodramatic scenes (disaster films are not really faves of mine) but I have found myself crying towards the end (I blame Sol Kung Gu, a good actor even when in a not so age appropriate role)

Joe Versus The Volcano (1990) Directed and written by John Patrick Shanley.
I remember liking this film way back and I enjoyed it again at this second viewing. I understand why the box office was not very good though (despite the lead actors being Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan).
I also watched a big chunk of Kate and Leopold which I didn't like when I first saw it but felt more at ease with it this time around (Meg Ryan's lip job was obvious and not in a good way though) and I never think Hugh Jackman is a good romantic lead (good in a film like Australia but again not as a romantic lead).

No comments:

Post a Comment