Monday, March 26, 2018

La Cordillera (The Summit)

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

La Cordillera  (The Summit) is not the type of film I'd chose just looking by plot but for some reason I though it was adapted from a bestseller I saw in bookstores when in Buenos Aires. I love the ubiquitous Ricardo Darin (whenever there is a big budget Spanish speaking film, he is usually there, in the small independent ones too) and think the world of his acting but it somehow seemed political and it was but it was also a tense, slow revealing type of film that I really like. The villain is not visible at first but we get to meet him peeling layer by layer and I loved it. Also I liked the hotel the presidents stayed in the film. I really would have liked to stay there for some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment