Monday, March 26, 2018

A Share in Death

A Share in Death is one of the "first" novels of crime novel series that I purchased on a whim (and it was a selection choice of my own). I came with me to Hawaii and back (with a couple of flowers drying among its pages) and I decided to give it a go. It was not bad but lacked a certain certain something. A taste of Britishness you get from Canadian, Australian even Indian novels as well as of course British ones but never (so far) from the American ones. I looked up the writer and it turned out she is American (lived a long time in England but...). Anyway I wrote it off to that and I don't think I'll follow the series (especially as there was an excerpt from the latest one in the back giving a pretty good idea to where it progresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment