Monday, February 16, 2015

Secretly, Greatly

Photo credit: https://jediprincess.wordpress.com

Secretly Greatly is not the type of film I go for. It is all good looking young actors and it didn't get very good reviews. But still under the spell of Gaksital I decided to check Park Ki Wong (Shunji in Gaksital) out in this film. Unfortunately his part was very small but he made the best out of it.

The story is that a North Korean super spy (Kim Su Hyun) works undercover in South Korea as the local idiot. He is suffering through everything for more than a year now since his mother is looked after by North Korean Government. Anyway as the power struggle continue in North Korea (upon the death of Kim Jong Il) two other spies from his division is sent to his area. And towards the film's end, their lives are in danger.

Ok first off this is not a very good film. But I liked it a lot since I'm a sucker for that type of S.Korean ombre going from slapstick comedy to heavy melodrama as the film progresses. I don't get Kim Su Hyun's popularity but he did fine with the role and I was crying rivers by the end (Yeah this weekend ended up being a crying weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment