Monday, January 7, 2019

The Greatest Love

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

The Greatest Love aaaand just as I was coming down from the heights of Six Flying Dragons, I have found that Netflix added one of my favortie Korean dramas. The Greatest Love has a wonderful script where we see how dangerous it is (to people on the receiving end) to malign someone on line just because they are not very likable to us. While I don't send posts on line saying bad things about celebrities I don't like, I'm guilty of not liking some of them without any reason. Of course we are only presented with their entertainment persona and they may be very different in real life but I'm talking about the entertainment persona they presented to viewers. Gong Hyo Jin for instance is one of them. She is a decent actress and a definite fashionista, one of the people who can wear anything and make it look good. But there is something about her that does not appeal to me. So in this drama she is a woman who is the target of dislike from viewers, unluckily became the victim of baseless slanders etc. in real life she is a very nice, smart, grounded woman who is the head of the family and looks after his brother, his brother's son and their father, going to humiliating gigs to make money in the industry she began to work when she was barely out of her teens. And there is the male star, the darling of the country, very successful, smart and entertainment savy but he is also emotionally stunted and overly tired of the fakeness and back stabbing of an environment in which he is one of the masters. So they meet cute and he falls in love with her - unrequited for some time- . I just love these two, the way he likes her honesty, humility and kindness and they way she sees beyond his tantrums and childish behaviour, the man who is not perfect maybe but the man who loves her no matter what.

This is I think the third time I watch this drama and still love it. It just doesn't get old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment