Monday, February 12, 2018

The Ritual

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

The Ritual well the tagline is "They Should Have Gone to Vegas" and it actually ended up being my opinion throughout the film. 5 university friends getting to meet and taking a trip once in every year is the kind of plot I can get into since I'm like that with my old friends. I like them still but they change and I change and not all the changes are toward the same direction. I like the screenplay which conveys this very easily. I like the characters and the final guy is not someone I'd want as my friend but feel sympathetic towards while watching. And usually I think the people who get murdered in this sort of film are stupid but in this one I could see how  people make the silliest of decisions. And the creature was suitably creepy, however the chase scenes and scary scenes did not get me scared and as usual I actually fell asleep during one. This one appealed to me better as a character study and interaction than the horror aspect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment