Monday, July 13, 2015

The Deep End

Photo credit: http://kalafudra.com/

The Deep End is a weird film. I remember getting it when I was watching pirated copies (without being aware that they were illegal - such naiveté!!!) and falling asleep without ever getting to half way. This time I struggled through and despite the fact that I didn't like it very much, my mother loved it. I suppose I'd like the book it was adapted from better. 

Tilda Swinton is a mother with three children (one of them a high school senior) living with her father in law. Her husband is in the navy and she is often alone with the kids. Her eldest child is waiting for a scholarship from Wesleyan. She finds out that her son is a homosexual and is having an affair with a nasty older club owner. Yada yada yada and the club owner ends up dead and she disposes of the body. However she is now blackmailed by people who have a video of his son having sex with the nasty clud owner. Things get worse since even a kind hearted collector will bring trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment