Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Once Upon A Time in America

Photo Credit: http://jbawm.com/

Once Upon A Time in America is a film I have watched in my teens and felt in love with. The story, the soundtrack and the performances were all captivating and I like Sergio Leone's directing. This time it was not that emotionally engaging to me and I watched it rather as a viewer who'd like to see what the big deal is. This one is long and since I watched it on TV, cut (booo).

This is what we can comfortably call an epic film. The story of young gangster wannabes in New York and their friendship and effects of their business on this friendship. Not to mention romance of some sort scattered throughout.

Sadly I didn't like it as much this time. I appreciated it better however. 

No comments:

Post a Comment