Friday, March 6, 2015

Liar Game

Liar Game interested me only because S.Korea remade it and there was a good buzz around it. Then my sister also recommended it so I bought it to give it a try. Well I need to remember my sister and my tastes are different. This drama is all about battle of wits after battle of wits staged as a game where you can win or lose money based on how smart you are. We have the "angel" female who is pretty, very honest and well intentioned. And we have the mysterious hero a moody ex-con with a golden heart but intent on revenge. Will our heroine's angelic light be able to save our hero from the darkness that revenge inevitably will bring? On the paper it sounds like my thing but despite loving "the angel" type this one just annoyed me. I do not care for the male lead either and all the convoluted calculations on how to win each stupid game left me with boredom rather than suspense. Anyway I think I fell asleep for about 10 minutes towards the end but still managed to see that ( SPOILER) angel conquered the stony heart of game master and his side kick, managed to save everyone from being bad people, turned hero to the right path and still ran after him like a little puppy.

Anyway I can see how it entertained lots of people but this definitely is not my thing and I don't even want to watch Korean remake now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment