Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Nine Tailors - End, Detective K:Secret of Virtuous Widow, Harry Q. Davasının Ardındaki Gerçek

ok The Nine Tailors ended with a sour note. I actually fell asleep reading it with the lights on (on the last two pages no less!). Anway I still like it despite the odd ending.

And I have started Harry Q.Davasının Ardındaki Gerçek by Joel Dicker. Now the novel is written in French and I'm reading the Turkish translation but for some reason I keep translating it to English in my head while reading. Despite this rather weird behaviour I'm enjoying the book a lot so far (only in Chapter 2 but already hooked) There is a reason I guess why this man is best selling novelist de jour. The original title of the book is La Verité sur L'Affaire Harry Quebert  (I think it will be The Truth of the Harry Quebert Affair).

And I have treated myself to another Kim Myung Min film called Detective K: Secret of Virtuous Widow which turned out to be an entertaining watch with more than a few suprising out loud laughs.

1 comment:

  1. Read the Harry Quebert book over the summer and loved it. One of the most original books I have read in years. I read it in Spanish while on vacation in Spain. I wanted to buy it in English for a friend and it is not coming out until.... MAY 2014!!! I feel so, so sorry for the english speaking readers. You are missing a great, great novel.

    ReplyDelete