Thursday, April 5, 2012

Karei Nou Ichizokou - Eps - 6-7, Middlemarch- End, Thirst for Love

Well the secret is out now and poor Teppei has to go through a lot. Apparently he was in a long relationship with his sister, luckily he has already turned her down when she wanted to renew their affair. One of the perks of being a good guy. And how evil is Teppei's read dad? Seriously raping his own daughter and furthermore letting his son in law know about it? His reg.dad is not a bouquet of roses and also perverted but this sort of incest and rape is beyon belief. And despite the fact that I try not to judge, how can Teppei's mother live with herself I wonder. Staying in the same house and eating at the same table with the men who raped her and repeatedly cheated on her. I wonder if it is just the money and comfort. If so then this character is just as bad as the villians. She is not just a victim but causes her children to be victims as well.

Kimu Taku is wonderful as Teppei. There is a scene where he tries not to cry and manages but his eyes are full with tears which do not fall and that scenes is so beautiful that I'd have probably liked him there and then even if I haven't long fallen into his charms.

Middlemarch has ended and I actually cried. This is suprising since the book is not one I liked. The prose and the editing are not very good but I liked the way the characters are drawn and "angel" character is my Achilles heel in fiction. Here Dorothea and Mary were both angels and I was impressed by their strength. All in all I don't think I'll revisit this one soon.

I have started Yukio Mishima's Thirst for Love and my thirst for good prose is finally satiated. The man is a master and I wish I could read Japanese in order to fully appreciate his talent but as reader's know, talent has a way of shining through in every language. I don't like the protagonist of Thirst for Love but everything is told so beautifully that I do enjoy this book A LOT better than Middlemarch.

No comments:

Post a Comment