Monday, October 17, 2011

Shadow of Your Smile - End, The Thorn Birds, Selena

Shadow of Your Smile ended very nicely. I love the good characters in Mary Higgins Clark's novels. They are so proper and nice.

I have started The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough and I'm loving it. I have not finished the first chapter yet but I'm on that particular wonderful high when one starts a good book :)

Not much for films/dramas this weekend.

I'm following the Turkish drama called "Adını Feriha Koydum" (lit.translation "I Have Named Her/You Feriha". I love it despite the fact that it is the age old cliché of poor girl and rich boy. This one is a not a rom com though (Turkish dramas rarely are) and the fact that poor girl is actually a scholarship student in one of the fancier universities in Istanbul - a smart beautiful girl whose only fault is she is the daughter of a building superintendent and that her mother is a house cleaner. The rich guy is one with divorced parents not received enough paternal love. He is a bit of a playboy. He liked her because she was so different from the girls but she just couldn't confess her poor background to him. And it got harder and harder after they fall in love. He found out about her in second season and thinks that she lied to her because she wanted to con a rich sucker to get out of her miserable life (This is so not true!!!!) It doesn't help that he is not friends with the psyco girl who is obssessed with him and keep feeding him lies about poor Feriha.

Anyhow the last episode was again very exciting. Feriha's trials didn't stop but at least now she doesn't have to lie anymore.

Other than that I have rewatched Selena and liked it even better this second time. Jennifer Lopez is amazing in the title role. I cried again for the real life singer who was murdered at 23 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment