Thursday, March 18, 2010

Various Films and Books

It has been a month since I wrote something here. Being very busy + going on an internet free vacation caused this. Here are some short comments on what I read and watched:

A Tale of Two Cities, written by Charles Dickens. Excellent book. I love Dickens, not as much as I love Hardy but very close.

A Judgement in Stone, written by Ruth Rendell. I think this is one of Ruth's best. I had seen the film adaptation and also liked it very much. Go Ms.Rendell!

One Night @ The Call Center, written by Chetan Bhagat. He is a decent writer and this book was no exception. Enjoyed it very much.

The Broken Window, written by Jeffrey Deaver. Another Lincoln Rhyme novel. I think Mr.Deaver's books will be better if he eases on the twist flow a bit.

Currently reading:
Push, written by Sapphire. It is a good book and I have been crying more than once reading through it. I hope that the lead character, Precious pulls through.


On the plane I watched
All About Steve (2009), directed by Phill Trail and written by Kim Barker.
It was nothing special, I still cried (am hopeless)

More Than Blue (2009), directed and written by Won Tae-Yeon
Well it was a weepie and I wept but didn't feel close to either of the leads.

Surrogates (2009), directed by Jonathan Mostow, written by Michael Ferris, John D.Brancato, adapted from graphic novel by Robert Venditti, Brett Weldele.
It was nothing special. I think I fell asleep at some point for a few minutes but woke up and didn't really lose the plot.

At the hotel I have watched
Laws of Attraction (2004) directed by Peter Howitt, written by Aline Brosh McKenna and Robert Harling.
I liked it but then again I'm most forgiving for this genre (rom-com).

And I also watched a big chunk of The Incredible Hulk but not all of it so will not add it here.

Wow, all this amounts to so little viewing and reading. I somehow am not as eager to watch films as I used to. I wonder why and I wonder whether I'll come out of this mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment