Monday, March 11, 2019

Toilet - Ek Prem Katha

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

Toilet - Ek Prem Katha ok I like Akshay Kumar but the title of the film was one of the reasons that I did not feel like watching the film. Then I decided to give it a go yesterday and it was nice and entertaining with good messages but with a heavily respectful attitude to Authority.  I liked how authentic everything looked (in the Indian films you often see the colours and georgeous cinematography with great looking people dancing around looking amazing. But this film has normal looking Indian people and the holi festival looked like it was filmed at a real festival on a drone. Akshay Kumar's age difference with his co star is addressed and despite looking lovely he didn't dress wonderfuly or anything. Also I liked the story too (apparently it is inspired by a true story) it touched upon something I have seen in India which has shocked me (men peeing openly on the streets during day time) but the real issues were women's rights and how religion is used to control ignorant masses. All in all I enjoyed it so much that I'm even considering checking Pad Man out (another Akshay Kumar film with an off putting title) 

No comments:

Post a Comment