Sunday, March 10, 2019

Secret City

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

Secret City (Seasons 1 & 2)  This is a very good show with great actors whom I only recognise one among all the two seasons (Anna Torv, and I luckily I like her). Apart from great political intrigue and murder mystery (meaning a good script) the things I like about this show are; i) how everyone looks natural, it helps a lot not knowing the actors (I had similar reaction to Fauda) but also I love it that the women are wrinkly and not operated on, the men not all handsome hunks with an actual trans person having a crucial role to the plot, and more importantly this person has a key role in an intelligence agency not involving her going undercover or anything. I loved it (first season). The second season was tighter and better plotted and faster but I kind of liked the slow pacing of the first better. Anyway despite not rescuing me from SoA withdrawal, this one intrigued me and I enjoyed it to the last drop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment