Monday, October 8, 2018

Mr. Sunshine

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

Mr. Sunshine or I may just as well call river of tears. Firstly it is the best looking South Korean TV show I have ever watched. The cinematography, the set design, the art direction are all amazing. And what a brilliant cast, except my usual favorite Lee Byung Hun who was, inexplicably, the weakest link here. The story is the Japanese invasion of Joseon, starting years before and the film ends in the middle of it. I just loved it to bits and cried so much, especially the last two episodes last night. I was actually ugly crying, sobbing out loud during some of the death scenes. Anyway it may not be everyone's cup of tea since it is mostly blood and tears but if that is your thing, you are in for a treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment