Monday, June 4, 2018

New York New York

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

New York New York well I love Martin Scorsese, actually he is one of my all time favorite directors, however I have some reluctance to some of his films. I never watched The Raging Bull and I never watched New York New York until last weekend. One of the reasons is probably because it is a musical and it is not my favorite genre (there are exceptions but very few) and the only time I have watched Liza Minelli was at Sex and The City 2 in a cameo role, apart from a few episodes of Arrested Development. Anyway now that I watched the film I'm once again in awe of Scorsese. And I love Liza Minelli now. She has a certain on screen shine that not many people have and combined with Robert De Niro (who is GREAT as always) it was a pleasure to watch. I never realised how emotionally charged I was until towards the end of the film where I started crying. Well I'm happy that I watched it and I will try to watch more films starring Liza Minelli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment