Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth - This is the first Ian McEwan novel I have read (liked the film adaptation of Atonement) and this writer is not for me. He is good but the style does not work for me for some reason. My reading experience was uneven with great heights at some parts but really low at some others. It is not him, it is me.

So give it a go if the plot (a young girl recruited by MI5 is assigned to an operation called Sweeth Tooth and messes it up a bit - though not due to the things one would think) sounds like your thing. One of the characters in it is a writer and I actually liked reading his stories included in the novel better than the novel itself.

This was among the buch of novels I have bought at a second hand bookstore in DC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment