Friday, September 5, 2014

Pride and Prejudice (2005)


Pride and Prejudice is my favorite novel of all times and this adaptation is like a fast forward of it. I don't really care for it deeply but the film looks beautiful and the actors very fine.

The things that I don't really like is how pronounced they way Elizabeth and her Dad mocks Mr. Collins. Yes he is a ridiculous character often mocked in the novel but the film was so vicious that I felt sorry for him (never once felt that way either during the novel or the other adaptations I have seen).

I also don't like how Elizabeth kisses Darcy's hand in the end. Seriously this came off as a supplicant act and I don't associate Elizabeth with that.

I like Judi Dench's Lady Catherine De Burgh best in this one though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment