Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Persuasion

The Persuasion in question is the BBC 2007 adaptation I have taken quite on a whim from the discount bin at the supermarket yesterday evening. I enjoyed it a lot and thinking to watch BBC 1995 adaptation tonight again just to see which one I liked better (not much has remained from that one I'm afraid except that Ciaran Hinds made a very good Captain Wentworth).

The other night I have watched Almodovar's All About My Mother again and I liked it much much better the second time. I usually like Almodovar's sincerity (and his Tie Me Up Tie Me Down is one of my all time fave films) but in this one it seemed to come deeper from the core. Everything in it was excellent and I wouldn't change a thing.

Vanity Fair is still going strong and I'm still loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment