Friday, July 23, 2010

Various Films

It has been hectic for the last few days and I took two days off from work last week so the blog is not updated but I have been watching films and here is a few that stayed with me.

Tenderness (2009) Directed by John Polson, written by Emil Stern adopted from a book by Robert Cormier

I just looked at it for a few minutes and suddenly I was hooked. It got me not only with its pristine uncluttered cinematography but a well chosen cast who did everything just right.

Chaudhvin Ka Chand (1960) Directed by M.Sadiq, written by Tabish Sultanpuri, Saghir Usmani

I loved it. Guru Dutt was not only a good actor but also owned a certain on screen charisma too. Waheeda Rehman and Johhny Walker were also great. I loved the song J.Walker sang. I couldn’t identify with any of the characters but liked the story all the same.


Pyaasa (1957) Directed by Guru Dutt, written by Abrar Alvi.

This is my second film with Guru Dutt in it and this time he directs and I like him even better. I fell for the title character who was soo good, a bit on the preachy side but no harm. The leading ladies were both nice but I definitely prefer Waheeda Rehman to Mala Sinha.

The Blue Umbrella (2005) Directed by Vishal Bhardwaj, written by Vishal Bhardwaj, Abhishek Chaubey and Minty Kunwar Tejpal, adapted from a novella written by Ruskin Bond.

It is a sweet sweet story and one that is told beautifully. I love Vishal Bhardwaj.

Notting Hill (1999) Directed by Roger Mitchell, written by Richard Curtis.
I love this no matter how many times I have seen.


I’m still reading Ellery Mysteries (but I have finished Jackie Collins’ Poor Little Bitch Girl and I enjoyed it, Jackie is nice to read)

No comments:

Post a Comment