Monday, February 1, 2010

Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Frankie & Johnny and The Day The Earth Stood Still

Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009) Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, written by Rajeshwar, Rajkumar Santoshi and R.D Tailang

It was a cute film and I liked it very very much. Ranbir is not as good as his father, his grandad or either of his uncles but he has a certain charm. I loved how they used Bosphorus, Aspendos and Pamukkale in the songs. And Katrina is a delight, there is something about her I cannot name but like very much.

Frankie & Johnny (1991) Directed by Gary Marshall, written by Terence McNally (from his own play).

This is actually my third viewing and I still like this film very much. Pacino and Pfeiffer are fab as the leads and there is something sincere about it. I seem to like Gary Marshall films but I can't understand how he directed that dud Runaway Bride. Man that film was bad.

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008) Directed by Scott Derrickson written by David Scarpa (and Edmund H.North - 1951 version)

Normally I wouldn't put this here since I started to watch about 15 minutes in but I don't think I have lost much. It was not a bad film. I like Keanu Reeves very much and he was so handsome here. I like Jennifer Connely too and she was also her dependable self. I was thinking that the child is very cute and not annoying (the way they sometimes are) and now I looked him at imdb and saw that he is Will Smith's son. Good for him.

I'm getting closer to finish The Unkindness of Ravens which happens to be the least favorite among Ruth Rendell's novels. I still like it but not as much as I liked the others. I'm planning to start Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughters. I hope that novel will be just as good as North and South.

No comments:

Post a Comment