Tuesday, February 2, 2010

1408 and The Unkindness of Ravens End + Wives and Daughters

1048 (2007) Directed by Mikael Hafstrom, written by Matt Greenberg, Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski (adapted from a short story written by Stephen King).

It was OK, definitely not bad and to my suprise John Cusack was actually acting a character different than from his usual ones since Say Anything (what a beautiful film that was). I liked the ending in the director's cut better. Samuel L.Jackson got the second billing but he was not in the film that much.

I have started Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell and loving it so far.

The Unkindness of Ravens ended with a nice twist but still I was not able warm up to it, mainly because Wexford is not a character I care for.

No comments:

Post a Comment