Sunday, August 15, 2021

Happy Together

 

Photo from wikipedia


Happy Together     it has been some years that I have seen this film and it felt so good to re-watch. It is usually presented as a story of a couple but in this viewing I felt it more as an emotional journey of the main character (contrary to popular opinion I think he is a dislikable character, prone to physical and emotional violence) and Tony Leung is simply excellent in the role. He is a great actor and very likable (those soulful eyes) on screen and in real life (yes, thank God I have actually met and spoken to him for more than an hour and he is amazing). Yet this character with all his flaws come alive in him and I'm amazed at his versatility and talent  (especially since I watched this after Chungking Express in which his performance leans to comedic) 

No comments:

Post a Comment