Thursday, August 19, 2021

Ashes of Time Redux


 Photo from wikipedia 


Ashes of Time Redux   I like this film and not because it is the characters' imagined back stories from one of my favorite novels but because it is a visual and musical and acting feast to my eyes. The only actor I do not care for in the cast is Tony Leung Kar Fai (for no apparent reason) other than that I really like every actor and their performances are so good. Also this is not really a wuxia film, more like an existentialist art film where people suffer from mainly romantic betrayal - only one main character gets to be happy romantically-. It is also an erotic film but not in an explicit way. It sure is not for every one but works for me each time I watch it and I love the soundtrack (it is very 80s) 

No comments:

Post a Comment