Tuesday, December 17, 2019

My Country

Photo credit: www.imdb.com

My Country turned out to be a love story between two close childhood friends against the background of a turbulent time in Korean history, the birth of Joseon. I was already familiar with the story since Six Flying Dragons was such a riveting show but this one not to much. There were a lot of face splattered with blood shots. One of the two main lovers was bisexual since he seemed to have some feels for the female lead but the main romance was something else. These two clashed very often but also their chemistry was amazing. Despite that and the gorgeous cinematography the show was a bore. Except Jang Hyuk who shone like a jewel in the role that was also excellently played by Yoo Ah In. Bang Won starts out as a hero but turns a villain in the end. I love Jang Hyuk so I was happy with his scenes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment