Monday, May 22, 2017

The Salesman

Photo credit: ifpnews.com

The Salesman is a film I was eager to watch. I love The Separation from the same director, Asghar Farhadi and this one was not a dissapointment. There is still the story simply told (and it is a horrible story) and the actions of the characters one does not always agree but understand. It is also heartbreaking how a woman is allowed/expected to act against a cruelty towards her based on which country she is from. Here it is less hassle to report a rape than to actually seek the perpetrator and get your own justice. I'd also like to command the director for showing that the woman is willing to forgive (since I doubt there would be this many wars if women are truly allowed to rule). The resolution is sad and expected but still this one left something to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment