Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes is a film I liked more than I thought I would. It was not scary in the supernatural sense but the desperation and mood of a starlet in LA going to a job she doesn't like (just to pay bills) and travelling from audition to auditon to make it. Those are gruelling experiences and having been in LA I know that everyone there is an actor/actress. Waiters, receptionists, tour guides are all actors going to acting classes and auditions. It is a different subculture and a vicious one (even if all the competition is angelic - and it isn't- the selection process is nerve racking and bizarre) I have more respect for actors now. The supernatural part was probably a metaphor on how a person can detoriate as her/his soul corroses with each new humilition. Recommended 

No comments:

Post a Comment