Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Catching Up

After my lovely lovely vacation in Hawaii, I need to catch up with things. The main reason I keep this blog is to record no?

Films on the flights (it was a 15 hour flight to and from LA :) ) and 5 hours each to from Hawaii.

The films that stayed with me

X-Men First Class What can I do? I love James Mc Avoy. The other guy was also a good actor, much more charismatic and very successful as the conflicted villain but I do love my shrimp Mc Avoy and his is the performance that stayed with me in this nice film.

Just Go With It Adam Sandler, yet another guy I love without no apparent reason. He just looks like he is a very nice person. Anyway this film was made better by its location (Hawaii - heh).

Life As We Know It Katherine Heigl plays the same women she played in all of her lame ass rom coms (I only liked this character in Knocked Up since she was nicely paired with Seth Rogen's - it didn't work in the rest of the film (21 Dresses, The Ugly Truth etc.) Same annoying woman you can't understand why the lead men fall for. Not a very good thing when you aspire to be the rom com actor. There is a reason why Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan were so good at it. It was not just the men who like them it was us too. Isobel in Grey's Anatomy was such a great part for Heigl. Too bad it didn't work out.
Monte Carlo Yeah I can't believe it either but I not only watched it to the end but I sort of liked it too (eewwww)
Horrible Bosses
I was not all that.

The films I have started but couldn't finish since they were boring: Hanna, Water for Elephants, Unknown...

I have read Passing Under Heaven by Justin Hill which I liked and then I had this brill idea to start Game of Thrones. Yeah after knowing how time consuming, expensive fantasy genre is. And most of the time the books are not really worth it. Alas I'm hooked now and I have finished Clash of Kings and currently reading A Storm of Swords. My favorite character is John Snow but against my better judgement I can't help but like Tyrion too.

No comments:

Post a Comment