Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It Has Been AGES

Yes, after blogger was banned in Turkey (due to some idiots showing some football - what else?- clips that belong to a pay TV channel) I stopped writing in this blog for some reason. But I shouldn't stop should I? Even though I'm not really good at it, I started to enjoy writing.

Anway, I'm currently reading Monster in a Box by Ruth Rendell and even though I love her, this book is not really that good. But it is still better than most. Some things I have read meanwhile as far as I can remember them:

Lorna Doone - for some reason to read this took ages, I enjoyed it though and even shed some tears in the end.

Funda - This Turkish melodramatic novel is very short and not very good. I liked it but not that much. The title of the novel means shrub/thicket and given as a name to a baby boy (to commemorate a sweet moment between the couple, involved the smell of the shubbery - yeah we Turks are a bit weird like that). Interestingly, the popularity of the novel caused a lot of baby girls to be named Funda and now it is a common female name in Turkish (we Turks are really weird)

Body Rides Richard Laymon, nasty, dirty and exciting as always. I really can't explain why I love his trashy thriller/horror novels but I sure do. This should be filed under guilty pleasure.

Some films

Last Tango in Paris I suprisingly liked it. Brando is a good actor but the film definitely earns it reputation.

Lamhe - I liked this one a lot too and I thought I wouldn't because Anil Kapoor and his nostrils are in it. Well Sridevi was so adorable and I liked the story so much that nothing really mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment