Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nodame Cantabile and War & Peace (II)

Last night I have watched 1.5 episodes of Nodame Cantabile and as the show gets weirder and wackier (and not in a good way) the music gets better and better. Episode 8 was Brahms heavy and I suspect Ep.9 will be Schubert (which I listened to today although not the Klavsen as shown in the show but Piano Concerto). Nodame cured Chiaki's fear of flying by hypnotising him and she learned how to from a "how to" book! Anyway she is a cute character and at least doesn't really annoy me.

War and Peace though gets better and better with each page. I'm now in Part II and predictably started to fall for Prince Andrey. A man of morals and principles who is intelligent, clever and aloof. Now we are at a camp in Austria and I was concerned since I don't like war as a genre in anything but the book is more about characters, their behaviours, actions and reactions and none of them are actually at war yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment