Sunday, June 28, 2009

Making Up for the Lost Time - II

Sunday found me rested and ready to embrace the suprises Digiturk will throw my way.

Miller's Crossing Written by Joel & Ethan Coen, Directed by Joel Coen (1990)
Predictably I loved this one. Great script, wonderful cast and pleasing visuals. I love Coen brothers and this story of gangsters fighting for power with one of them trying to outsmart them is highly recommended. Incidentally this is the only film I liked Gabriel Bryne in (yeah I have seen The Usual Suspects).

A Mighty Heart Written by John Orloff (adapted from Marienne Pearl's book), Directed by Michael Winterbottom
I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. It was a matter of fact film as devoid as melodrama as it can possibly be. Angelina Jolie is a woman I love, but as an actress she is not that good. In this film she was well directed and her lack of acting didn't marr the film in the least. I also liked how the film didn't condemn all the Muslims and managed to take a stance against the terrorists separate from the good Muslims. Irrfan Khan, another actor I don't really care for really impressed me in this one. His understated acting suited the film very well. Recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment