Friday, September 11, 2020

Shadowhunters (TV show)

 

Photo from www.imdb.com

Shadowhunters oh how I love an unexpected guilty pleasure. I have read the first novel in the trilogy this show is adapted from. And left it at one book (it was kind of interesting but I didn't like the writing style) and watched the horrible film adaptation (that one is really bad, stay away).  This show came into my radar from some random mention at a buzzfeed list. I decided to check it out for shallow reasons (all the cast it hot). And I have found that despite all the failings, it is better than the novel. And it got better with each season and I was hooked. Even stayed late to finish it. There are a lot of hook ups and relationships but my favorite OTP is the one pictured. I'm not usually hot for m/m and there is only one other couple I like (The Untamed, one of the best shows I have watched) and this is the second one. I believed this couple and their trials and tribulations. And was very happy for them in the end. In fact this one has a very satisfying ending for all parties involved. Great job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment