Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Small Great Things


Small Great Things I like Jodi Picoult novels. Somehow not enough that I had to buy the new one but whenever one drops on me I choose it rather than anything else. And this one is turned out to be a winner. Firstly the three readers were all great. They really worked the story in the best possible way and enhanced the whole experience. And the subject matter, race, was handled well. It is a touchy subject, one that is extra touchy for me since I loath anything fascist. I know people say that but I really feel it. And the novel also helped me realising some of the things that actually make me behave in a racist manner without being aware of it. But it is not a preachy novel, it is an interesting story, well told and it just flowed beautifully. I especially loved the ending. The neo Nazi who realises the truth and turn into a human being, getting rid of the hate (American History X and that Scandinavian film about a Neo Nazi who fells in love with a woman who has a kid from an Arab man and slowly he understands how stupid he had been all his life and reforms, sadly I can't remember the name of the film) so I was very much into the ending and I recommend for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment