Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Best Friend's Girl, The Maltese Falcon and The Lost Symbol - End

Last night I have finished The Lost Symbol and I liked it very much despite being quite familiar with the formula. No suprises for me but I was entertained nonetheless.

And today was the day of resting and watching films on TV. The first was

My Best Friend's Girl (2008) Directed by Howard Deutch, written by Jordan Cahan
Ok this was bad, really bad. Dane Cook is not a rom com lead, maybe he is ruggedly handsome in real life but he doesn't look good on camera. Oddly enough he is not that bad an actor. But he just doesn't work. I like Kate Hudson, mostly because I like her mother very much and I also loved her debut film, Almost Famous. She is OK here but I was wondering what was she doing in this stupid film.
I got lucky in the second film

The Maltese Falcon (1941) Directed and written by John Huston, adapted from Dashiel Hammet's novel
I liked it a lot. Not only it was visually very very pleasing, great composition but also it was written very well and acted just as good. And Humphrey

No comments:

Post a Comment